Insurance FAQ’s

When will I get my proof of insurance?

You will be provided with proof of insurance immediately directly through your computer. Just follow the directions and print them out!

What types of payments do you accept?

We accept all payment types including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Western Union Quick Collect. This includes credit and debit cards. We can even take your personal check over the phone. Call 773-467-2200 for convenient payment options!

What is SR22 and will I need it?

SR22 is a financial responsibility certificate that is filed with each state’s Secretary of State's office. It is ordered by a judge when you have been driving without insurance, driving under the influence, driving on a suspended/expired/ revoked licensed or with expired license plates. You may also receive a notice from the Secretary of State's office explaining that if you don't file for SR-22 by a certain date your driver's license will be suspended. The SR22 certificate notifies the State of Illinois that you have liability insurance; you may be required to carry this certificate for one to three years.

Who needs to be listed on my policy?

Anyone listed on the title or loan of the vehicle(s) and all household members aged 15 and older.

Why does the owner of the car need to be listed on my policy?

The owner or co-signer of any vehicle is financially responsible for any accident or damage to persons or property that may be caused by the vehicle even if they do not drive or have a license.

What is an exclusion form and why do I need to sign it?

An exclusion form is a statement that one or more persons in your household and/or the owner/co-signer of the car will not be driving your vehicle. Most likely it will be your spouse, if s/he is not a licensed driver but qualifies you for the discounted married rate.

What is a non-business form and why do I need to sign it?

A non-business form simply states that you do not use your vehicle for any type of delivery, business, commercial or artisan-type occupation; that it is not titled or leased to a business, corporation or partnership, nor is it used to pick up or deliver goods. All people who are business owners, self-employed or tradespersons will be required to sign this form if applying for a personal auto policy.

What does the term 'business use' mean?

This classification means that you use your car for business purposes (such as sales, service and delivery calls) or work-related errands (like trips to the bank or post office) and other work-related driving. Commuting to and from work is not considered business use.

What factors affect my insurance rate?

Gender, age, marital status, driving record, type of vehicle all affect your insurance rate.

How do I file a claim?

To file a claim, you must contact your insurance provider directly. If you are not sure who your provider is, please contact our office for this information.